- Sciatica is described as pain that occurs in the sciatic nerve. The sciatic nerve is responsible for several activities, including walking, running, and sitting.
- Sciatica is caused when body parts exert pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- The common symptoms of sciatica include chronic pain in the back after engaging in different activities like walking, bending, running, or sneezing.
- Pure CBD acts to prevent sciatica by restoring the balance in the body. It deals with the pain and also takes care of the root cause.
- Full spectrum CBDa products are best for sciatica since they engage more receptors.
The active role of pure CBD and other cannabinoids in promoting healthy living cannot be over-emphasized. These natural compounds act on the endocannabinoid system, a special system in our body to promote balance. Think of our body as a complex electrical system that needs to be monitored by a skilled electrician. This electrician (the endocannabinoid system) will always move around the body, looking for possible faults and correcting them.
Sciatica is one such problem that the Endocannabinoid system and pure CBD products can control. Take note of the emphasis on pure CBD, as we will explain this later. In this article, we will look at important aspects of sciatica and how CBD can provide help.
What is Sciatica?
Sciatica is a term used to describe pain that occurs along the path of the sciatic nerve. It is the longest nerve in your body. It runs from the lower back, through your hips and buttocks, and down to the legs. Don't panic about the science; let's further break it down.
Imagine your spine as a tall tower made up of building blocks called vertebrae. Inside the tower, there's a special tube called the spinal canal where important messages travel up and down, like messages in a mail chute. Sometimes a problem happens when a squishy, jelly-like cushion between two building blocks gets a little out of place and presses on the mail chute. This can cause pain in the leg, and that's called sciatica. Sciatica is also known as lower back pain.
What are the causes of sciatica?
Before we dive into the role of CBD in dealing with sciatica, let’s look at the possible causes so we can know how to prevent them or know if our CBD is working or not. Sciatica is caused by compression or irritation of the sciatic nerve. This is most likely to happen due to the following reasons;
- Bone spurs: This is when extra bone growth occurs due to some medical conditions like osteoarthritis. When this occurs, it exerts extra pressure on the sciatic nerve, leading to sciatica.
- Herniated disc: This is a medical term used to describe when a soft inner material of a spinal disc pushes out through a crack in the tough exterior and exerts pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Spinal Stenosis: This describes the narrowing of the spinal canal. Once your spinal canal is narrowed, it will exert pressure on the spinal cord and nerves around it. This pressure and discomfort can affect the sciatic nerve, too.
- Piriformis syndrome: there is a muscle in your buttocks known as the piriformis muscle. It helps you to move your legs. This muscle can become enlarged over time and disturb the sciatic nerve, thus leading to sciatica.
- Tumors: cancer growth can also exert pressure on the sciatic nerve, leading to sciatica.
Did you notice how all the causes of sciatica are linked to exerting pressure on the sciatic nerve? Now that’s an example of internal imbalance. This shows how a tiny little change in our body can lead to diseases.
What are the symptoms of sciatica?
Recall that sciatica is a pain. When you experience sciatica, you are most likely to feel a burning sensation, mild tingling, or dull ache in the back or on one side of the body. This pain will, however, increase to the point it becomes almost impossible to move.
The pain associated with sciatica will get worse over time, and it is most likely to worsen during the following activities.
- After standing or sitting
- At night
- When laughing, sneezing or coughing
- When walking or bending backward.
How can CBD help to deal with the sciatica?
Now that we've established the fact that sciatica is caused by an imbalance in the interaction between certain body parts and the sciatic nerve, it is important to note that pure CBD can help restore that balance via the endocannabinoid system. You can read about the endocannabinoid system in our previous article.
Pure CBD acts on tiny parts of the endocannabinoid system known as the receptors. These receptors are essentially what keeps your body alive. They move around the body in search of any abnormal cases and instruct your body to fix it.
During pain, CBD will instruct the receptors to connect to the brain and deal with the source of the pain. Let’s say your sciatica is caused by tumor growth; what CBD will do is increase the production of natural immune cells that will kill the tumor. Your sciatica will definitely disappear once the tumor is gone.
CBD generally addresses the cause of the challenge rather than treating the symptoms. At the time of writing this article, scientists had discovered the anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antioxidant, anticancer, and pain-relieving effects of pure CBD, and these effects were reported to come in handy in dealing with sciatica.
Why do we emphasize pure CBD for sciatica?
Because pure CBD does not contain toxins or any additives, note that the CBD industry is filled with several fake products that may worsen your health conditions. This is why we need more regulation in the CBD market.
Aside from pure CBD, there is another compound that is 1000 times more active than CBD. It is known as CBDa or cannabidiolic acid. This is the original compound found in the cannabis plant, and it interacts faster with the endocannabinoid system and receptors. CBDa offers a better pain-relieving effect and may even provide better results for people with sciatica. You can read about CBD vs. CBDa in our previous article.
What are the best CBD products for sciatica?
CBD products come in different formulations, including oils, edibles, tinctures, gummies, and salves. To obtain the best result for your sciatica, we would suggest you try our full spectrum CBDa organic hemp oil.
Full spectrum CBDa products contain all the naturally occurring compounds in the cannabis plant, which play a critical role in activating several receptors in our body. Note that pain is caused by several factors, and the more cannabinoids we can supply to the body, the better the chances of dealing with those symptoms.
We focus on CBDa products because they are more effective than CBD. They are purer and safer, with no side effects on users. Our organic hemp oils at Nesas Hemp produce noticeable results in less than 5 minutes after application, so you are sure of a good time. You can see our products here.
Frequently asked questions
Is CBD safe for sciatica?
Pure CBD is safe for sciatica. It deals with the cause of the pain and makes you healthier.
Can I combine CBD with other medications for sciatica?
No, CBD may undergo interaction with these medications and lead to prolonged dosage. This will affect how your body breaks down these medications and may lead to adverse side effects.
What is the best CBD product for sciatica?
Use full spectrum CBD or CBDa oils. These offer several compounds that act on different receptors for better results.
Want to Learn More?
- Why Flavored CBD Is Low Quality
- Nesas Hemp—the first to receive the Exclusive Tested Safe Seal.
- Foods That Enhance CBDa
- How To Read A Certificate Of Analysis
- Can CBD Oil Help With Candida?
Sciatica (Cleveland clinic): https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/12792-sciatica. Accessed 12/18/2023
Sciatica (Mayo clinic). https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/sciatica/symptoms-causes/syc-20377435. Accessed 12/18/2023