- Over 1 billion people are overweight globally.
- People can lose body fat by adopting the right CBD product coupled with a healthy lifestyle.
- CBD is not a magic portion for losing weight, it works alongside other weight loss routines to promote weight loss.
- CBD may promote weight loss by regulating metabolism, controlling appetite, and reducing stress.
- Edible or orally taken CBD products are great for promoting weight loss.
- Humans can tolerate up to 1500 mg of CBD per day.
- CBD can affect metabolism and modulate appetite.
A lot of people have attested to seeing visible changes in their weight loss journey after using CBD products or adding them to their weight loss routines. CBD works on the endocannabinoid a master regulator that controls several activities in the body. In this article we would look at some important frequently asked questions on the efficacy of CBD for weight loss.
How many people are overweight in the world?
According to the WHO, over 1 billion people in the world are overweight or obese. This includes 650 million adults, 340 million teenagers, and 39 million children.
Obesity is a medical condition characterized by an excessive accumulation of body fat, leading to a person's overall weight exceeding what is considered healthy for their height and build. It is often assessed using the body mass index (BMI). Obesity is a significant public health concern and is associated with various health risks, including heart disease, diabetes, and certain types of cancer. Lifestyle factors such as poor diet, lack of physical activity, and genetic predisposition can contribute to the development of obesity. Management typically involves a combination of diet, exercise, and, in some cases, medical intervention.
Does CBD promote weight loss?
There are some reports pointing to the possible role of CBD in promoting weight loss. Some of the proposed mechanisms by which CBD achieves this are listed below;
- Metabolism Regulation: CBD may influence metabolic processes, potentially affecting the conversion of energy and fat storage.
- Appetite Modulation: CBD could impact appetite by interacting with receptors involved in hunger and satiety, potentially helping individuals manage their food intake.
- Reduced Inflammation: Chronic inflammation is associated with obesity. CBD's anti-inflammatory properties might have indirect benefits for weight management.
- Stress Reduction: CBD may help reduce stress and anxiety, which are often linked to overeating or unhealthy eating habits.
How can I use CBD to lose weight?
Although there limited research confirming this some users have attested to using CBD oils to aid their weight loss journey. If you are considering using CBD products for weight loss, we suggest you try full spectrum oral products like gummies, oils, tinctures and other orally ingested products. If you are finding it hard to choose a good product, here are a few steps you can consider;
- Focus on High-Quality Products: Opt for CBD products from reputable brands that adhere to good manufacturing practices. Look for products that undergo third-party testing, ensuring quality and accurate labeling.
- Check THC Content: Ensure that the CBD product contains no more than 0.3% THC to comply with legal limits and avoid psychoactive effects.
- Consider CBD Concentration/dosage per serving: Start with lower concentrations and adjust gradually. Higher concentrations may not necessarily provide better results and can be more expensive.
- Select Appropriate Form: Choose a form that suits your preferences and lifestyle, such as oils, capsules, edibles, or topical creams. For weight loss, oral products may be more suitable.
- Full-Spectrum vs. Isolate: Full-spectrum CBD products contain a range of cannabinoids and compounds from the cannabis plant, potentially offering an entourage effect.
- Consider Added Ingredients: Some CBD products may include additional ingredients like MCT oil or terpenes. Check these to ensure they align with your dietary preferences and health goals.
- Be Realistic About Expectations: Understand that while CBD may have potential benefits for overall well-being, it's not a substitute for a healthy diet and regular exercise.
- Legal Considerations: Be aware of the legal status of CBD products in your location and ensure compliance with local regulations.
What is the best CBD dosage for weight loss?
As of the current date, there is no universally recommended dosage for CBD products due to variations in individual responses. People react differently based on factors such as body weight, metabolism, and the specific health concern being addressed. It's crucial to note that CBD dosages can range widely, and there is no one-size-fits-all approach. While some individuals may benefit from lower doses, others might require higher amounts.
Generally, humans can tolerate up to 1500 mg of CBD, but starting with lower doses and gradually adjusting is advisable to determine the most effective and well-tolerated amount for individual needs.
Is CBD safe for weight loss?
CBD is generally considered safe for weight loss when used responsibly. While research on its direct impact is ongoing, CBD may indirectly support weight management through effects on metabolism, appetite, and stress reduction. Individual responses vary, and factors like dosage, product quality, and overall lifestyle play crucial roles. CBD's safety profile is generally favorable, with mild side effects such as fatigue or changes in appetite reported. CBD should complement a healthy lifestyle, including balanced nutrition and regular exercise, for effective and sustainable weight management.
Frequently asked questions
Is weight gain a side effect of CBD?
People respond uniquely to CBD. A common side effect is a change in appetite. While there isn't a direct link between CBD and weight gain, it might increase your appetite, leading to eating more and potential weight gain.
Does CBD effect metabolism?
Yes, CBD has been shown to influence both lipid and glucose metabolism, as suggested by numerous studies. Its impact is observed through interactions with various receptors and the modulation of several metabolites within the body. The specific mechanisms through which CBD affects metabolism are complex and still under investigation, but the existing research indicates its potential role in influencing metabolic processes related to lipid and glucose regulation.
Want to Learn More?
- CBD vs CBDa — What Differences Are There Between These Powerful Cannabinoids?
- Is CBD Oil Addictive? Find Out Now
- How To Recover From Burnout in 8 Ways
- Is CBD Oil Use While Pregnant Safe?
- How Does CBD Oil Make You Feel: What To Know
Permyakova, A., Azar, S., Hirsch, S., Baraghithy, S., Hinden, L., & Tam, J. (2021). The Metabolic Efficacy of a Cannabidiolic Acid (CBDA) Derivative in Treating Diet- and Genetic-Induced Obesity. International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 23(10), 5610. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijms23105610
Bielawiec, P., Harasim-Symbor, E., & Chabowski, A. (2020). Phytocannabinoids: Useful Drugs for the Treatment of Obesity? Special Focus on Cannabidiol. Frontiers in Endocrinology, 11. https://doi.org/10.3389/fendo.2020.00114
Pinto, J. S., & Martel, F. (2022). Effects of Cannabidiol on Appetite and Body Weight: A Systematic Review. Clinical Drug Investigation, 42(11), 909-919. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40261-022-01205-y
Rodrigues, F. D., Jantsch, J., Fraga, G. D., Dias, V. S., Eller, S., De Oliveira, T. F., Giovenardi, M., & Guedes, R. P. (2023). Cannabidiol treatment improves metabolic profile and decreases hypothalamic inflammation caused by maternal obesity. Frontiers in Nutrition, 10, 1150189. https://doi.org/10.3389/fnut.2023.1150189