Modern living and the stresses and strains from trying to juggle, or maintain a healthy, home/work-life balance can play havoc with emotions. Many people suffer from low moods, and feelings of dread or disenchantment as their equilibrium is bulldozed by the world around them. These pressures can have a debilitating outcome on a person's health and wellness, and they come in many shapes and forms, including:
- Workload: Struggling to meet targets or deadlines at work. Or being overworked due to staffing issues.
- Family: The pressures of running a home are considerable, with higher cost of living as one of the main reasons.
- Relationship issues.
- Irregular sleep patterns, or difficulty sleeping.
- Health problems.
- Lack of physical or mental rest (an inability to shut down).
With many people trying to move away from conventional methods of healthcare, CBD has been touted as the panacea to all our health problems. And while this is certainly not the case, there is mounting evidence that CBD may be highly effective in the fight against low mood, and may help to regulate and rebalance emotions.
How CBD Helps To Rebalance Emotions
There have been several studies showing encouraging results where CBD may be useful in rebalancing emotions that have become disjointed or unstable. Medical and scientific research indicates CBD has a positive interaction with serotonin receptors in the brain. (1)
Serotonin, scientifically named as 5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HT), but more commonly known as the ‘happy chemical’, is a neurotransmitter that sends signals between nerve cells and plays a role in mood, emotions, appetite, and digestion. Serotonin may also help to regulate sleep-wake cycles and the body clock.
CBD also reacts positively with TRPV1, also known as the Vanilloid receptor, known to regulate inflammation and body temperature. CBD binds with the Vanilloid receptor and activates pain perception in the brain. As a result, CBD may be an effective tool for pain management, which in turn can improve mood and lead to emotions becoming more anchored and stable.
In a 2016 study by the University of Kentucky, researchers examined CBD’s effects on rats and found that CBD reduced overall pain. (2)
Other studies have shown that CBD may have a much quicker reaction time than conventional medicines which can take weeks to become effective while reducing side effects such as difficulty sleeping, sexual dysfunction, mood swings, and agitation. (3)
The Benefits Of Improved Mood And Emotions
With mounting evidence that CBD can play an important role in rebalancing the mind, let's take a look at the many benefits a thriving state of emotions and mood can have on health and wellbeing. After all, a healthy mind leads to a healthy body… and vice-versa.
A Flourishing Sense Of Self, Can:
- Decision-making and assertiveness
- Emotional stability (managing disappointment and setbacks)
- Increased memory
- Having a positive outlook
- Increased perception of surroundings
- Higher self-esteem and self-worth
- Greater feeling of well-being
A healthy disposition can offset the drawbacks of low mood and emotional imbalance that can lead to bouts of:
- Worry and fear
- Stress and tension (poor coping strategies)
Though it’s true that CBD can contribute towards a state of relaxation and harmony, it is not the sole factor in gaining peace and tranquility. Several other self-help practices can be factored into one's life to reach that goal. It is important to lead as healthy a lifestyle as possible to reach this goal.
Self-Help Tips That Can Work Alongside CBD
While not an exhaustive list, many lifestyle choices can be undertaken to improve mental health and wellbeing. Many of them include making small changes to the daily routine:
- Exercise: Keeping fit or taking regular exercise is one of the best practices for enhanced mood and emotions. Feel-good endorphins are released after exercise that can lead to a better frame of mind. Sleep patterns are also improved after exercise.
- Yoga: has been shown to reduce stress and improve relaxation. (4)
- Meditation: An age-old technique to bring about a state of mindfulness and inner calm. Practicing meditation for a few minutes per day is a great way to relax the mind and body.
- Massage: Can improve a person's emotional health by increasing serotonin, thus helping to reduce tension and stress hormones.
- Nature: Get out into nature, enjoy the beauty of nature and breathe in the fresh air.
- Regular vacations: Take a holiday or remove yourself from situations that may lead to an increase of negative emotions or thoughts.
- Avoid alcohol: A known depressant, alcohol should be consumed within safe guidelines.
- Healthy diet: A balanced diet of fresh fruit, vegetables, whole grains, and oily fish is recommended.
Make The Right Choice
CBD as a supplement is usually taken orally, by inhalation, or in some instances topically. It does not come with any serious side effects and CBD will not give you a feeling of being high, as THC levels, by law, should be less than 0.3%.
It is also important to carefully choose the correct CBD, specifically one that has been third-party tested for purity and validity.
CBD full spectrum contains multiple cannabis plant extracts, including essential oils called terpenes, and other cannabinoids, such as cannabinol.
Full-spectrum CBD products can also contain up to 0.3% of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the cannabinoid in the cannabis plant that produces the ‘high’ feeling in people. However, such a low amount is not strong enough to have significant psychoactive effects.
Nesas Hemp Is The Right Choice
Nesas hemp extract is the gold standard in the CBD industry. Created from 100% pure living raw hemp with no additives, flavors, or fragrances. Nesas is USDA Certified Organic, grown in the highest quality soil, free from chemicals, pesticides and heavy metals.
The plant is cold-pressed to preserve and retain all the healing nutrients and properties. As a result, Nasa's is among the purest oils on the market. Nothing is taken for granted with the final product being stored and packaged in darkened premium glass bottles to preserve and protect the oil from breaking down in daylight. An outstanding result that has produced the very best product on the market.
For extra reassurance, Nesas hemp extract has been third-party tested and officially recognized by independent laboratories registered with the FDA, DEA & ISO. Laboratory reports for every batch right can be viewed on the Nesas website.
When purchasing CBD, always use reputable manufacturers such as Nesas for authenticity and quality.