A healthy balanced diet and lifestyle are elements to maintaining wellness and longevity. Understanding what to eat and drink can make a definite difference in one’s quality of life. Many components within a nutrient-dense diet can lead to several health benefits, including heart health, weight reduction, reduced risk of diabetes, glowing skin, heavier bone density, better sleep patterns, improved mood, and stable gut health. (1) These are just a few examples of health benefits achieved through a good diet.
There are also certain foods combined to boost particular functions within the body.
For example, foods that boost memory and brain function: (2)
- Dark Chocolate
- Green Tea
Other foods can boost energy levels, such as: (3)
- Sweet potatoes
- Brown rice
Certain foods may promote sleep and can assist the mind and body in unwinding. Here are a few snack choices to consider shortly before bed: (4)
- Chamomile tea
- Tart cherry juice
While the advantages of a healthy, balanced diet are well known, new studies have revealed that certain foods can also enhance the effect of CBDa and how your body absorbs it.
What Is CBDa?
Before we look at which foods can enhance the body’s absorption of CBDa, here is a quick reminder of what CBDa is, and some of the benefits it can have on our wellbeing.
CBDa (cannabidiolic acid) is one of many compounds produced by cannabis and hemp. Superabundant in the live variety of the plant, it converts to the better-known cannabinoid CBD through traditional extraction methods, time, or when exposed to heat or sunlight. Producing a quality CBDa oil, a cold extraction process is used on whole living plants to preserve all of the nutrients.
Research has shown that CBDa has up to one thousand times the potency of regular CBD and can encourage the body to relax, stabilize mood and reduce anxiety and inflammation. (5)
But how does it work with food, and what are the effects/benefits of consuming certain types of food with CBDa or CBD products?
What Are Bioavailability Rates For CBDa Products?
When consuming CBDa, the total amount is not always fully absorbed by the body. Rates of bioavailability can be different per person depending on genetic make-up and how its ingested.
For example, vaping or smoking may produce immediate effects, entering the bloodstream quickly, whereas taken orally in the form of edibles can take longer with lower absorption rates, as the digestive system must break down the cannabinoids before it gets to work. (6)
Cannabinoids in tincture form are taken sublingually (under the tongue), with noticeable effects within 10-15 minutes on average. Taking CBDa this way means the product can be absorbed through capillaries (tiny blood vessels) and into the bloodstream a lot quicker. (7)
With rates of biodiversity being different, new studies have suggested taking CBD with food can increase effectiveness. (8) So, what foods can enhance CBDa and help your body absorb it quicker?
What Foods Are Best Taken With CBDa?
As CBDa can have low biodiversity rates, some studies have looked into certain foods increasing absorption rates in the body. One study by The University Of Minnesota has found that CBDa is absorbed in a higher rate, almost fourteen times if consumed alongside high-fat foods. (9)
There are, of course, many foods that can be high in unhealthy, saturated fats, so eating the correct type of fatty foods are essential if consumed with CBDa.
Let’s look at some examples of fatty foods that may compliment CBDa products, boost absorption rates, and form part of a healthy balanced diet.
- Avocados: contain large amounts of fats, almost seventy-seven percent by calories. The primary fat is called oleic acid, also the principal fatty acid in olive oil. Health benefits include preventing heart disease by lowering cholesterol and inflammation. (10)
- Cheese: Like other dairy products, cheese is high in fatty acids such as Palmitic, oleic, and myristic acids. Palmitic acid may be related to metabolic risk factors associated with cardiovascular disease and insulin resistance related to diabetes and obesity. (11)
- Dark chocolate: Cocoa butter in dark chocolate contains the three fatty acids - oleic, stearic, and palmitic acids. Moderate amounts of dark chocolate as part of a balanced diet may produce some positive health benefits. (12)
- Eggs: High in Omega 3, whole eggs contain fat-soluble nutrients such as vitamins A, D, and E, and the antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin. The healthy fats in eggs can help the body absorb the nutrients in eggs. (13)
- Fatty fish: Loaded with Omega 3, fatty fish is one of the healthiest foods for heart health. (14)
- Hemp Seeds: For a plant-based alternative to oily fish, hemp seeds are full of amino acids. These are a superfood and are rich in nutrients such as vitamin E, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, magnesium, sulfur, calcium, iron, and zinc. Hemp seed oil contains substantial amounts of Omega 3 and Omega 6. (15)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: Extra Virgin Olive Oil is one of the healthiest oils. Loaded with healthy monounsaturated fats such as oleic acid, making over seventy percent of the total. Other fats include Omega 3 and Omega 6. (16)
Nesas Best CBDa Product To Compliment Your Favorite Foods
Eating the right foods is crucial to maintaining health and wellbeing. When choosing the correct CBDa product to complement these, and vice-versa, it is essential to select one that retains all the nutrients. Nesas Beyond Organic CBDa Hemp Extract is one such product.
Made with Living Hemp, carefully produced using the whole plant, a cold extraction process preserves the natural molecular structure. The result is hemp that is full of healthy fats, vitamins, and naturally occurring CBDa. Nesas Beyond Organic CBDa Hemp Extract also contains phytonutrients.
Phytonutrients are natural compounds found in plant foods, vegetables, fruit, whole grain products, and beans. Beneficial effects from these compounds promote good health and wellbeing, helping to restore cellular balance and encourage restfulness and rejuvenation. (17)
Nesas Beyond Organic CBDa Hemp Extract is available in two strengths - regular and extra strength.